visit the old forum
search for: in: entire forum this post
you are here: root => Moderators => How to handle link sites?
folders:
replies:

How to handle link sites?

When reviewing the reports page to place bad links on hold. I came across a few... lets call them "ultablah" pages with all dead links. Technically the link is not dead, but the links on the page are dead. Should I put the link on hold if none of the direct links on the page function? Or should I leave it there, in the off chance they'll update their links?
post #53 permalink
please login to reply
folders:
replies:
If you come across a site that has all dead links, DO place it on hold. If possible, please leave a note using the report button. (Exclaimation mark on right side of post) If there is one working link amidst several dead links on the persons site, DO NOT place on hold. Any more questions feel free to ask. Thanks.
post #54 permalink
folders:
replies:
thanks Luchia

wassaa
post #56 permalink
folders:
replies:
my view is check the page throw if there is a link that's not dead delete the dead links
post #70 permalink
folders:
replies:
quote from Powerflv on post #70
my view is check the page throw if there is a link that's not dead delete the dead links

we mean on a third party site, we do not have control on 3rd party posters site so we cannot remove the deadlinks on their sites. thats why we keep as long as theres at least 1 good source on the page, but remove choosing the option "link is dead" when all the sources listed on the 3rd party site posted page are dead.

thanks for asking!

wassaa
post #102 permalink